Intro

I entered middle age a few years ago...okay, a little more than a few. Our daughters are 28 and 26. After they left, I cautiously redecorated their bedrooms. I did the usual, donated "Lucky" brand jeans (left from 3rd grade) and stuffed animals to a local thrift store. Next, I threw away countless plastic bags from "The Gap" and other retailers. Some of them included various amounts of change, which of course I took as my housekeeping fee. Every $6.40 helps!

I slowly bought new furniture items that I liked - a futon and frame, small roll-top desk, area rugs and lamps. One room was starting to resemble my new "office" which would double as a guest room when necessary. One morning as I was getting ready to leave for work, I heard (and felt) a very large boom-crash. I cautiously walked upstairs to find the dust clearing and about half of the ceiling of my new room on the floor. Ah, the joys of owning an antique house...

Monday, October 1, 2012

3 more boxes and a bag

Oh boy... I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since my last post. I'm so ashamed... 
There is good news, though. I have been consistently hunting and gathering up on the second floor. I have packed up a big box with 14 pair of pants, 15 tops, a sweater and 3 jackets. I also  squeezed 6 pair of shoes and sandals in a smaller box. The bag (mentioned in the above title) has 4 pair of shoes in their boxes. These were all relatively uncomfortable footwear purchased for a specific event. I planned to wear them for multiple uncomfortable occasions--wait, no, that's not quite right. Anyway, they were never the right color or style for the next  event and then, sadly, they went out of style.
Tonight's project, and the content of the third box (again, see title) was the dreaded Tupperware cupboard. Dun-dun-dunnn...and adjoining "lid drawer." I have received a few small appliances in the last couple of months  and I don't have a good place to keep them - no large drawers in my 80's style kitchen. So the need for a drawer to put these utensils in prompted the clear out of the one holding the plastic lids. The cupboard also contains 3 rolling pins. Three rolling pins? you may ask - why 3? Well - one I don't need, but the hubby brought it into the marriage and he seems to want to keep it. I'm not going to begrudge him one rolling pin. I'm saving up my requests for downsizing on his part for the things that really bug me (ie: those horrible old sweatpants.
The after photos will have to wait - the batteries in the camera need to charge. I hate technical difficulties. Okay, off to bed for me! I'll post those 'after pictures' soon.

No comments: