Intro

I entered middle age a few years ago...okay, a little more than a few. Our daughters are 28 and 26. After they left, I cautiously redecorated their bedrooms. I did the usual, donated "Lucky" brand jeans (left from 3rd grade) and stuffed animals to a local thrift store. Next, I threw away countless plastic bags from "The Gap" and other retailers. Some of them included various amounts of change, which of course I took as my housekeeping fee. Every $6.40 helps!

I slowly bought new furniture items that I liked - a futon and frame, small roll-top desk, area rugs and lamps. One room was starting to resemble my new "office" which would double as a guest room when necessary. One morning as I was getting ready to leave for work, I heard (and felt) a very large boom-crash. I cautiously walked upstairs to find the dust clearing and about half of the ceiling of my new room on the floor. Ah, the joys of owning an antique house...

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back at It

I know it's been 5 months. I think I'm getting back on track now. I took this photo of our breakfast area this morning. After 2 days in a row of record-breaking heat, we had a lovely summer morning with a warm breeze wafting through all of the windows. Note the newspaper and gardening gloves - kind of a photo essay of my morning - [Heavenly sigh].
It was about a week before Super Bowl Sunday that I last posted. The great news is that I didn't have to do a lot of clearing out of the family room before our annual get-together. The room stayed fairly clutter-free since last year. There was all sorts of bad news that  happened right about that time, though. A couple of hours before everyone was going to show up for pulled pork sliders and the Hubby's special baked beans, one of our dogs tore her ACL. We managed to enjoy way too much food and the game anyway.
The next day, my Mom had a moderate stroke 1,200 miles away. She's doing much better now after a lot of physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and even "swallowing therapy." I did go see her after she was released from the hospital and staying in the rehab facility. When I talk to her on the phone, she sounds (and believes) that she is just about fully recovered. The dog had some PT of her own, and is just about healed also.

No comments: